As a mechanical part, power socket can easily get damaged. Tripping on the cable when rushing back to work with your laptop or pulling it too roughly might damage the laptops socket or the middle pin inside it.
I can help replacing the faulty part and soldering the new one instead.
If the power socket on your laptop has broken or developed a fault, you may notice any of the following:
> the screen is flickering when the power cable is touched,
> the battery charge icon is flickering and the battery is not holding much charge, if any
> the laptop is unexpectedly cutting off during use,
> the socket, power plug or the cable getting hot, sometimes leading to insulation melting or burning,
> plastic smell and smoke coming out of the laptop